Have you thought about what would happen if you were ever in a vehicle accident? Would your insurance pay enough to pay off your vehicle loan?
Most insurance companies pay only what the vehicle value is at the time of the accident should the vehicle be declared a total loss. If you did 5 or 6 year financing with little or no money down or had a trade in with negative equity when you financed your vehicle, there is a good chance you just may be upside down. What does this mean? This means that the amount you receive from your insurance may not be enough to pay off your vehicle loan balance and you are left owing the difference on a vehicle you no longer have. We have a solution!
GAP Plus Insurance
- Covers up to 120% of the vehicle value at the time of financing.
- Pays the deficiency balance of the vehicle loan (including deductible) after your insurance has paid the claim.
- Can be canceled within 90 days of enrolling in GAP protection for a full refund.
- Coverage can be added within 60 days of vehicle financing, but we recommend doing it at the time of financing.
- If there is a total loss claim paid by your insurance carrier and there is a loan balance on your vehicle, you will receive $2,500 towards your replacement vehicle when you finance it with us within 90 days of the total loss date.
- IT ONLY COSTS $469
THIS OPTIONAL PROTECTION IS JUST ANOTHER GREAT SERVICE OFFERED BY YOUR CREDIT UNION.